My friend Lindsy updates her family and readers monthly on their adoption progress on the date of their referral. She would tell you this, I think, but it’s rather painful to share each month that yet another month has gone by and nothing much has changed. Another month has passed without a child coming home.
In-person friends ask all the time for updates, and I love that so many care about us and our family, but there simply are no updates to give.
As we hit the one year mark since officially beginning our paperwork and near the five month mark since our daughter’s referral, I thought one thing I could share a list of very specific ways to pray. If you’re the praying type, we’d love to have you on our team through prayer!
How to Pray for Our Adoption Journey
- for M’s health, for continued access to clean water, for no illness or disease to hit the orphanage or her little body; for her spiritual health, that she would somehow know she is loved and not abandoned, that the Lord would be near to her and even now minister to her broken heart; for protection against all evil things; that she would experience joy even before she comes home to us;
- for her caretakers, the nannies at the orphanage, to feel loved and supported themselves, for their physical and spiritual wellbeing, and for them in turn, even just one of them, to be able to specifically bond with M and show her proper care and affection and love
- for the country, its government, its judges, and the various departments at work in the adoption process there; for a sense of urgency to move forward quickly on ethical adoptions, as well as an urgency for the welfare of all the country’s orphans, and for wisdom, discernment, resources and love in caring for the massive needs of the vulnerable and orphaned children
- for our agency, its director and workers stateside and the workers and attorneys on the ground in country – for favor, wisdom, strength, and more favor and more strength as they are on the front lines with these cases
- specifically for M’s case – that all necessary documents would be gathered quickly and that our case would be looked upon with favor by the judge in her province (and that this would happen SOON!); that after court, the embassy investigation would also happen quickly (which is the total opposite of how the cases are happening) so that she may come home
- for the other children at M’s orphanage that will not be able to be adopted, for Christ’s love to become evident to them and for loving caretakers to love on them as their own children
- for the kiddos here at home to continue to have hearts soft and prepared for their new sister; that God’s restorative power would begin working now in all our hearts to knit us together.
- for Adrian and I – for strength against discouragement and heartache, for passion and faith to pray and believe God for all things.
You can read the longer version of this update on on YouCaring page.
Thank you in advance for your prayers. We TRUST God is at work and He is faithful!