Friends: I’m so very excited to share something really special with you today. I connected with Lindsy, writer at Light Breaks Forth, last spring at Summit9, and then we were able to room together at Influence. She is a fellow Congo adoptive mom, bio mom, foster mom, and has a crazy heart for justice, the least of these, and kingdom building.
When Lindsy told me she was launching Johari Creations, a new marketplace for handcrafted products made by artisans in developing countries, I could not wait to learn more and help promote this beautiful business. She so generously gifted me with this beautiful necklace, a one of a kind piece made in Kenya.
It’s quickly becoming one of my favorites, not just because it’s beautiful, but because of the hearts and lives I know it represents.
Very Happy Mail
Johari believes amazing beauty can come from poverty, and while the artisans handcraft stunning products, it is the artisans themselves they celebrate as “johari” – the Swahili word for jewel.
Beside their amazingly beautiful products, I love Johari because it’s really not all about the product, but truly about the people.
Here are a few ways they are truly about so much more than a pretty product. They:
- Come alongside artisan partners and women in poverty to empower them to earn sustainable incomes through holistic development and shared work and responsibility.
- Are committed to just production, spiritual discipleship, and economic sustainability.
- Are founded on and empowered by the biblical mandate to love our neighbors as ourselves. They are compelled by their love for Jesus to set right the injustice of poverty whenever it is within their power.
- Produce products that are environmentally friendly and created from local materials in a historically indigenous trade.
- Also assist families in the process of adopting through the Ambassador, Affiliate and Trunk Show opportunities.
And guess what’s extra great? Johari is giving you sweet MERCY iNK readers a special coupon code for 20% OFF your order. Which is a pretty fantastic reason to go ahead and try your first product, right?
Use code “mercyink20” to get your 20% OFF at checkout, good through November 30.
AND, not only do you get a code for 20% OFF right now, but you can also enter to win a $20 Gift Certificate to Johari!
Enter here… lots of ways to enter & winner will be chosen at random & announced next week.
Thanks for helping us spread the word about the absolutely beautiful, life-giving work of Johari Creations!