So blessed to be sharing another beautiful Home Story with you today.
If you’ve missed the past stories, catch up here.
Today Kara-Kae of The Mom Diggity is sharing her Home Story. Would you welcome her warmly?
- Tell us a little about yourself and your family.
I’m a stay at home mama to two little girls with #3 on the way! I have recently started my own wedding planning business. My hands are quite full, and so is my heart! I’m married to my best friend and love of my life. He’s the best husband and dad ever! I adore my little family!
- Where do you blog? What do you blog about?
I blog at themomdiggity.com and I write about motherhood, marriage, faith and keeping my sanity in check while doing it all!
- What does the word “Home” mean to you?
It took me a while to admit this, but home is where my family is. My husband and I have lived in three different states since getting married, so home is where we are no matter where that may be.
- Where do you call home now and for how long have you lived there? In December of 2010, we moved into my inlaws house in Oklahoma while they moved to Alaska. We have been incredibly blessed to have this home for the time being. I dream about our future home, but right now this is where God has us and what a blessing it has been!
- What are some things you do to create home for your family?
Make it comfortable and fitting of us. My kid’s artwork on the walls, shoes on the floor and toys scattered everywhere. I want my kids to be comfortable to be themselves and have great memories of their childhood no matter where we live.
- If walls could talk, yours would say….
There is a lot of laughter and a lot of love here!!!
- What (or who) inspires you? Other busy moms. Moms who don’t “have it all together” but admit to that and have happy kids. A life well lived in a happy home is all that matters to me!!
- What is your favorite space in your home and why? My living room and kitchen. It’s where life happens. It’s always busy, but it’s full of fun!
- What are some of your favorite things in (or around!) your home? I adore our worn out recliner, that I’ve spend many hours rocking my babies and snuggled up watching a chick flick while hubby worked late and the girls slept.
- If money were no object, what one purchase would you make for your house? A swimming pool!!
- What do you value most about your home? Our hard drives. They contain our entire lives, all of our pictures.
- How would you describe your decorating style? Totally comfortable. I’m not much of a designer, I just like it simple.
- Where do you go for home decorating inspiration? Pinterest? I am really looking forward to having my own place again someday that I can do myself, but for now I keep it very simple knowing it won’t be long term :)
- What do you hope your children will remember from growing up at home? What kind of environment do you aim to create? I hope my kids will always remember how much fun we had. That it was a place of love and openness. They can come to us with anything, and be themselves no matter what. I want them to always want to come back home!
Kara Kae – Thank you so much for sharing your sweet home and heart with us. What a sweet story :)
Want to share your Home Story? Please visit my Guest Post page for more info.
- – - – - – - sharing with some of these lovely link parties - – - – - –
I would love to connect with you! Leave a comment if you follow and I’ll be happy to follow you back :)
- – - – - Join the mercyINK weekly link party (open Tues-Sun)- – - – - -