Last Saturday I shared about my super amazing friend, Kristine, and her plan for tackling the ever mounting list of stuff to do.
She calls it, The Bug Me List.
Man, do I have one. A big, long mental Bug Me list that grows more every day.
I literally walk in every room of my house and think of approximately 253 things that I need to do: projects half-finished (I’m the queen of these!), drawers all jumbled & unorganized, piles of laundry waiting to be returned to their rightful home.
Those things, that list, it’s so long, that sometimes, in a panicked state of overwhelmdom, I just do nothing.
So, today, I’m sharing my Bug Me list with YOU. It feels pretty vulnerable. Now I’m accountable, right? Right. Yes, that is the point I believe! Go easy on me, OK?
My “Bug Me” list
- Organize the junk drawer & junk cabinet (yes, I have a whole cabinet full of non-kitcheny things. Don’t judge.)
- Paint the two chairs to match the other two
- Organize papers & “desk”… make it functional… figure out a system that works for all these papers!
- Refinish dining room table top & repaint legs
- Refinish coffee table top (I did a crappy job the first time, and the kids have had a field day picking the paint off. Nice, eh?)
- Organize that crazy messy bookshelf! AND paint the back/color blocking
- Paint the old dresser that serves as a tv stand
- Do something with the curtains so they touch the ground! (add fabric to the bottom? replace?)
- Sort shoes in front closet (pull out ones for donate)
- Print family photos & hang up (ummm… ashamed to say they were taken last August. oops)
- Go through closet & dressers & PURGE a whole lot of clothes (so that I can actually OPEN the dresser without brute force)
- Bathroom sink – create a system for organizing all that stuff in that tiny space!
(where to begin!)
- The storage room. is. scary. Do something with all the stuff.
- Organize and sort kids craft area
- Organize and sort my craft area ;)
- Hang frames/photos
- Clean spare room closet out.
- Sort through all decor; purge items I won’t use, organize items I will/seasonal organization
- …. and about 10,000 other things… but let’s just start somewhere!